Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chicken Breeds

There are many different chicken breeds. Not as many as dogs, but still too many to put on the page. I will give a short description on a few breeds, including some in the Chicks In Six.


Thüringian

This is the breed that Penguin is. It has furry feet and is black and white.

Transylvanian Naked Neck

This is a very interesting breed. It is black with some red feathers on the head. It most importantly has no hair on it's neck, hence the name.

Plymouth Rock

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this is the breed that Sunny is. It is light yellow and in some places, white.

Yokohama

This is a work-in-progress man-made breed. It has long white hair on it's lower body, tail, and head/neck, but no hair on the upper body.

Sultan

The Sultan has white hair LITERALLY EVERYWHERE!

Serama Bantams

These have a very large tail and can be any color or combination of colors.

There are many more breeds, but like I said earlier, there are too many to put on the page.

-James






No comments:

Post a Comment