Monday, May 6, 2013

The Chick Diaries: Chapter 1, Being Born Into The World

                                 
                                                    
                                                                 The Chick Diaries
                                                                       Chapter 1
                                                          Being Born Into The World 
                                         
                                                 I open my eyes. I am blind, and disabled..
I look around, only to realize that I am trapped in some kind of object. My surroundings have no color, only a pale white color that makes me curious. Where am I? What is this object that I am in? Am I trapped here forever? Will it set me free? 
                                               Then, I begin to here strange noises. 
My heart pounded like a thousand elephants going on a rampage in Southern Africa. Please don't do me any harm!! Then the sounds stopped. 
                                                After being in the same surroundings
for almost two months, I got used to weird noises. I understood that I was in a "shell", with no way of escaping, no way of breathing, no way of living. However, on the first day of the third month of me being in the "shell", I suddenly came out of my habitat. The shell has finally set me free, and allowed me to live my own life.
                                                There was a bright color up in the sky.
It was as bright as a star. Everything was a bit blurry at first, but the fog on my eyelids began to lift. I saw the  blue sky, the Earth, the universe, and beyond that.
                                                  All of a sudden, I looked around, I see
feathers on my body, and bird-like feet at the bottom of the earth. I realized that I was a bird, ready to fly off into the sunset.
                                                   As I look around, I see five other
creatures that looked like me. The only difference is the colors of the wings. Two birds had white and black feathers, probably twins. One had black with brownish feathers. Another bird looked much like a penguin. And the smallest bird had leopard-like feathers. I also had a color of wings. My wings were yellow. They sparkled in the sun's rays, and shined in the moon's silver light. 
                                                     
                 Hopefully, I get to know these chicks, and we'll become a family to love and care for each other.
                                 Hopefully, I get to explore the world, the Earth, the universe, and beyond.
                                     Hopefully, my dreams will begin to appear, and my life will begin.
                                                        
                                                                                                                                 Sincerely, 
                                                                                                                                                  Sunshine
                                                   

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, this is such a beautiful and imaginative piece about what the chicks experience coming into the world!

    ReplyDelete