Hi. My 4 friends and 1 sister and I been in this box in a room where this big giant teaches smaller giants called humans. We haven't been in there every day. Just 5 days a week. On the other 2 days we go home with the big giant human named Hill. We have to get picked up and put into this weird carrier and go into this strange underground vehicle that moves very fast and is often crowded with more giant humans. We go to Brooklyn. We haven't been in the teaching room every day, like last week, the first two days we were in Brooklyn at Hill's house. Tomorrow (Monday, April 29), the day after, and the day after the day after, we might stay at Hill's house again. During her teaching time, I heard her say that we might "hang out in the office with the principal", whoever that is. It's probably another human. Anyways, our box is fun. Some of the small giants called kids built us some playground stuff that are really awesome.
What creeps me out is when they put their hands in and try to pick us up. My friends like it. When they try to pick me up, I "flip my lid"(like Hill likes to put it). Some are really nice and put me back down when I'm "flipping my lid" and I think they are being patient and waiting until I get used to it. But some don't care. They pick me up and a couple squeeze me really hard. It's painful and annoying. The only human I kind of trust is Hill. She's caring, and I know this because I've seen her help my friend with the hurt eye get better. So, I hate these kids trying to pick me up. The only thing that I like (and they like, too) about their hands being in our box is that they have shiny things on their fingers that we like to peck on. We like shiny things.
What I don't get is why they call me Oreo. It's not my name. I don't have a name. I am not a cookie. I am a pullet. They call everyone names. They call the that used to have the hurt eye Baby Leopard or Leopard Baby, which she likes because Hill started calling her that. She loves Hill. Whenever she sticks her hand in the box, she runs to it and Hill starts to lift it up. Then, she starts to run up to the top of Hill's arm I think called the shoulder. My sister is Boston, who they started calling I think because of the bombings there. I have no clue what a bomb is but I think it's bad. I saw more bomb news in the newspaper that some careless kid threw in our box. It said "amNew York". It also had big letters saying "WE WERE NEXT" Then it had a big red target, and underneath that it said "Police:Terror suspects plan to bomb Times Square". Then it had two pictures of two most likely evil humans. Oh, bad stuff. Ok, back to names. There's another chick with some feathers on her leg, and they call her Penguin. Hill called her that first and I don't think she seems to like it. Leopard Baby keeps trying to convince her to like it since Hill came up with it. Then they call the yellow one Sunshine/Sunny. And last but not least, Angel. She doesn't seem to care. They also call me Orie which I don't mind, I just don't get why they do it. But I think I'm gonna be called Orie or Oreo for the rest of my life so I think I'd better start getting used to it.
Overall, we chicks like the learning building, the fast underground vehicle (kind of), Hill's house, and the humans (who are mostly nice and I am slowly getting used to). In the learning building we are learning ELA, whatever that is, with Hill and the other kids. The fast underground vehicle is interesting and I've decided that I like machines. Hill's house is really nice and we like our "pen" there. The humans are fun and are getting more careful with us. I think I like Hill, like Leopard baby, but I don't think she's my mama. Like Bella said, we couldn't be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment