When six pullet pupils visit the six grade at Columbia Secondary School for Math, Science, and Engineering...
Monday, April 29, 2013
The incredible life of a chick named Boston
The Incredible Life of a Chick Named Boston I woke up one lazy afternoon to the sight of cardboard boxes,
woodchips and other chicks. The other chicks were awake,chirping like they saw a hawk. Quickly i shot up and began walking to my twin sister Oreo.
"Hey Oreo." I chirped
"Don't call me Oreo." She snapped.
"Why not?"
"Because I prefer Ore."
"But, your name is Oreo"
She was about to reply something but a rather large and odly shaped five toed foot desended into the cardboard pen. Quickly "Ore"o ran away, but the foot anticipated this and silently called another foot to its aid. Within secounds the first foot swooped down and grabbed her and the secound swooped down and attempted to grab her but, "Ore"o rapily flapped her wings, beating down on the foot. The foot let go of her as a flustered "alright, alright calm down" followed. "Ore"o fell to the ground at a high speed. And landed on the ground.
"Oreo are you okay." I asked my sister with a hint of laughter in my voice (her plumage looked ridiculous).
"Whatch out."She said staring behind me.
Before I could turn around a pair of identical, carmel brown, feet grabbed a hold of me. I tried to flap my wings but this pair was covering them.Quickly I began chirping rapidy, hoping that the hands would let go.But the foot continued to hold me.
"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Its okay Boston. I am a friend." A voice said. It was a large chicken.
Could it be a possible mother? I had seen dosens today alone. But this one seemed different. She had warm hands and a calm soothing voice. She couild definitely be my mother.
The chicken held me close. I heard the steady beat of her heartbeat. Bum,bum, Bum,bum, Bum,bum. It was steady and slow and had an inviting sound.
"Its okay, Boston. There is nothing to fear. Everything is gonna be all right. You are a pretty, beautiful, bird. You are a lovely ,tiny , sweet, little, chick " she said. Then she put me on her lap and realeased my wings.
"I'm not little" I said. Then i stood up spread my wings and began to flap them. Astonishingly i rose in the air, and landed on a pile of books. Quickly, she grabbed me and helled me close.
"Wow you are amazing you can fly."She exclaimed."Well thats amaing, but you should stay here in my hands." she said staring at the odd feet I layed in.
"Oh thats what they are called" I thought to myself.
Then she began to tweet to me. It was a lovely sweet tune that made dose off. Nothing around me mattered. Not even when Oreo got picked up and hugged by another set of "hands". Then a bell rang and my possible mother said I'm sorry baby but I have to go."
I began to chirp in protest but she let me down anyway and said "Goodbye my Boston". And with that she disapered. I rapidly flapped my wings to go and catch up with her, but I could not rise. Then Sunny my friend came up to me and said "Hey Boston. Where ya been?".
Then I reoplied "You wouldn't believe the fun I had"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment